Search this blog

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

A 'Skinhead' joins the fleet!

The term 'Skinhead; is applied to the Class 31 loco that were originally built between 1957 and 1962. I believe that the term was applied because of the shape of the roof.

Well with that out of the way all I can say is that I have a bit of a passion for EWS locos and have a fair few in my collection but up until now no Class 31. That changed when in an idle moment (don't tell Mrs. W or she will want to know why I was idle for a moment!) I was surfing eBay and came across this Lima model.

Lima Class 31 31466
 
Just over £40 secured this hardly used model - even the handrails are still on their plastic spru awaiting attachment to the loco.

Lima Class 31 31466

It does run! Like any loco from over 30 years ago not to the current standards but never the less it is a nice runner. Body wise, Hornby still use the tooling that made this Lima model for their current RailRoad range and it has stood the test of time well.

Lima Class 31 31466

Lima Class 31 31466

Lima Class 31 31466

A great addition to my EWS fleet and at a bargain price!

No comments:

Post a Comment