Search this blog

Thursday, December 28, 2023

Kangaroo!

The kangaroo that I am talking about it is not the Australian mammal but actually originated in Canada as an armoured troop carrier (or APC - Armoured Personnel Carrier) modified from the M& Priest gun platform. I had an urge to glue plastic together and although I have a few projects needing finishing this kit almost fell out of the loft as I put back some Christmas wrapping paper and unused cards for next year - as I always say to Mrs. Woody, it is good to have things in stock whether it be wrapping paper or unmade kits!

Italeri Kangaroo APC

Although the kit is boxed as an Italeri product, I am sure it is a re-box of another manufactures moulds which is a common practice in the plastic kit industry. Never the less it is a detailed but relatively easy ( only three sprues) to build kit with no etched brass parts - that made me happy!

Italeri Kangaroo APC

As normal the build begins with the wheels. The wheel carriers are from the same design as those found on the more famous Sherman tank and as usual most of the construction time was centred around getting rid of mould lines - especially on those wheels.

Italeri Kangaroo APC

However after only a few hours of Man Cave time progress has been made. 

Italeri Kangaroo APC

Hopefully I won't Kangaroo on to another projevct tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment