Search this blog

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Hiding the join!

 Hiding the join is something that model makers usually spend a great deal of time on as it adds to the realism of the model. Sometimes it is easier than others but for me the hiding of the joint between the garage forecourt and the road surface on Chalkdon my 009 gauge layout was a reasonably easy job. Originally made of two pieces of card butted together the join between the two has always been evident but as I seem to be in the right mood to tackle all these small jobs at the moment I thought it time to take care of that. All it took was some PVA glue carefully applied to the join and a sprinkling of kiln dried sand to match the forecourt and all was well!

009 gauge layout

009 gauge layout

Whilst the sand was out I also ballasted the point leading into the wharf. Another job done!

009 gauge layout






No comments:

Post a Comment