Search this blog

Monday, December 11, 2023

Chocolate Box picture.

Well, perhaps not the picture you would find on a quality box of chocolates but thatched cottages do frequently feature on the box covers of some but not the ones I buy for Mrs. Woody! So here is my rendition with the thatched cottage that I am repainting for my 009 layout Chalkdon.

009 gauge layout

009 gauge layout

It still needs the doors fitting so at the moment it may look a bit derelict so might actually feature on the box of chocolates that I buy Mrs. W!

The stone chimney was repainted and various shades of a stone coloured paint was applied to random stones followed by a wash of dilute black paint that was also applied to the thatched roof.

009 gauge layout

I have cut out a new door to replace the missing one and once these are attached I think I will call it a day. The armchair for the garage is painted up ready to go into the building along with the other bits constructed a few days ago.

009 gauge layout

009 gauge layout

Now, where are those chocolates?

No comments:

Post a Comment