Search this blog

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Punctured!

My hopes of getting into the Man Cave for long today were deflated by the slow puncture on one of the rear tyres of my car. I didn't know until the dashboard display told me the tyre pressure was low. Stopping to look at the suspect tyre revealed that it was a slow puncture so after an interim inflation with a pump it was off to the garage for hopefully a not to expensive repair. Not quite the case though as on the ramp there were about 15 pieces of metal in it which condemned it to being replaced. Luckily, none of the other tyres were affected.  Anyway having paid a sum of money that has severely dented my model making budget I was back on the road and back to WMD HQ. There was a  chance for some time in the Man Cave and so not having time to do what I wanted to Chalkdon my 009 layout, I did some tidying up of the underlay to the track on my Last Great Project 00 gauge layout. Much the same as other parts prior to ballasting, I cut the underlay back to the edge of the sleepers and then added a precut and chamfered strip of underlay to give a more consistent profile that will make the finished ballast look better.

As you can see from the photo below the right edge of the underlay was looking a bit rough. You can also see the left side has already been trimmed and a new strip of underlay has begun to be glued in place.

My Last Great Project

With both sides complete it looks far better. Just need to go the track on the far left side now. At least underlay cannot be punctured!

My Last Great Project

No comments:

Post a Comment