Search this blog

Monday, December 4, 2023

Test fitting!

A wet, cold and miserable day - weather wise anyway! In the relative warmth of the Man Cave I made a little progress on the level crossing gates. The posts have been capped to seal off the tube and I have made some pedestrian gates out of plastic strip to go at the side of the main gates. I also cut two circles of plastic card using my circle cutter. I then cut them in half and glued them to either side of the outer edge of the gates so that they form a circle when the gates are closed. Once painted red they will be in line with the normal UK level crossing gate design.

Level Crossing Gates 009

Of course, whilst I have taken some measurements prior to construction, I have yet to put them on the layout to give them a test fitting! With a little trepidation one pair of the gates were temporarily put in place and luckily it shows that it should all fit - hopefully!

Level Crossing Gates 009

Next up is to paint them which will be white so it won't really show much progress but at least that plastic sheen should disappear!

No comments:

Post a Comment