Search this blog

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Open and shut!

Before doing some more in the Man Cave with the level crossing gates (more on that later on) I managed to get out on a bike ride today - the first time in nearly a week. Rain and snow having provided a good excuse to stay in the warm for the past week I had not seen much of the effect of all this moisture. To be honest I should have just opened the front door looked out and stayed in as the local roads were somewhat damp! This looks like a ford but there is a road under there! I did cycle through as I could see the road surface below avoiding any potholes.

Flooding 2023

However, I was not cycling through this so it was a case of turn round a go a different way! 

Flooding 2023

I have never seen this at this canal location with the water flowing over the lock gates. Looks quite spectacular!

Flooding 2023

Just a bit further down this building is so close to being flooded but hopefully will keep dry.

Flooding 2023

Back in the dryness of WMD HQ the level crossing gate project on Chalkdon my 009 gauge layout has progressed well. They have been painted and put in place on the layout.

Level Crossing Gates 009

Allowing the safe passage for trains by being closed this rather interesting vehicle goes through - I am  sure I have seen it somewhere before! 

Level Crossing Gates 009

With that loco having gone through this passenger train then had the right of way.

Level Crossing Gates 009

With the trains having gone through it was a case of opening the gates!

Level Crossing Gates 009

The photo below shows how the gates fold over each other when open - I am almost proud that my measurements worked out!

Level Crossing Gates 009

It may be an open and shut case for the level crossing gates but for this pedestrian the side gates remain firmly closed! He is in for a long wait!

Level Crossing Gates 009,





No comments:

Post a Comment