Search this blog

Saturday, December 2, 2023

Gates!

 It is cold and damp here in the UK. May not be as cold as some parts of the World but but it is a shock to the system especially in a cold Man Cave. I have turned on the heater but the cold comes up through the floor. However I did actually manage to brave a couple of hours which moved forwards the 3D Printed Maintenance Loco No 5 forward with the additional chassis part I have made now painted black.

3D Printed Maintenance Loco No 5

Once dry, I can glue it to the chassis and move that project on towards being finished - well as finished as my projects ever are!

This renewed involvement with my 009 layout Chalkdon has highlighted I still have much to do on the layout. One of the things needed is a level crossing and so I have commenced construction with the four gates that will be required.

Level Crossing Gates 009

The gates are made up of 1.5mm square plastic cut to size.

Level Crossing Gates 009

Much work still required but hopefully the gates are square and flat!

Meanwhile I was reminded by the number of adverts and songs on the radio that Christmas is approaching! Whilst the WMD fleet of cats gets something on the day I had to draw the line at this that Mrs. Woody spotted whilst in a store. The way the WMD cat fleet and indeed most cats that I know of gnaw anything cardboard the chances of this lasting for more than an hour are somewhat remote! You have to wonder why someone would design a cat toy in cardboard! Does look cute though!

Cat house


No comments:

Post a Comment