Search this blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

A real mix of things!

This post is a real mix of things! First off, a success! Out on my bike ride this morning I came to a level crossing that I probably go over two or three times a month. Oddly, I must be one of the few people who actually hopes that the barriers are down when I approach. This is partly to give me a justified rest but also to watch the train go by. Over the years I have tried to get a decent photo of the passing train but for all sorts of reasons I always end up with the middle of a carriage or a blur! However today some success!


Back at WMD HQ I had to get on with a job that I have been putting off for some while - taking a pile of scrap metal to the scrap merchant. The good thing is getting some money for it and by creating a large clear space getting in Mrs. Wood's good books (a rare event?) but the bad thing is having to sort it all out into different materials! At least the good parts come after the bad!


Always looking out for unusual number plates that have some relevance to their vehicle, I saw this on the way to the scrap merchants. Nice!


Back at WMD HQ I could have gone to the Man Cave but I actually did a job I have been putting off, again for some time, which is to make a hanging rack for the banners at Rocks By Rail. Old salvaged wood and some metal threaded rod got used and if my initial trial is anything to go by the principal is good. I just need to run an angle grinder along the threaded rod so that the banners slide on easily with their pre-made fastening holes.

I think that is me done for the day now - a real mixed day!





No comments:

Post a Comment