Search this blog

Saturday, July 20, 2024

Shades!

On a day like the sunny and hot day it is I could look cool in a pair of shades and be cool by sitting in the shade although Mrs. Woody would disagree with both of those possibilities! However the shades I am talking about are shades of colour on my 3D printed engine shed. This is what it looked like with a coat of rattle can 'sand' coloured paint.

3D Printed engine shed,

Interestingly, if we focus in hard on the building you can see the individual layers of plastic laid down by the 3D printer.

3D Printed engine shed,

To bring some realism to the stones I painted random stones in slightly different shades of complimentary paint to the sand colour.

3D Printed engine shed,

I think that looks good! I only used three colours as shown below, but by mixing them a whole spectrum of different shades emerged. The hardest thing about the whole process is actually being random in which stones you paint. Sub-consciously I start doing things like every alternate of third stone!

3D Printed engine shed,

Just need to finish the rest of the shed which is a job to do in the shade of my Man Cave!

No comments:

Post a Comment