Search this blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

On the track!

The Hornby Transport for Wales train pack is finally on the track for its first run. Having DCC fitted the loco and detailed the buffer beam I thought that was all that was required. However, I do need to add a DCC chip to the DVT (Driving Van Trailer) so that the lights which are fitted to it, turn red or white depending on its direction of travel. At the moment they just stay white which is not right if the DVT is at the rear of the train rather than heading it. There is also some buffer beam detail to add. I decided the desire to run the train was too much to be delayed by these jobs so I will, in my inevitable way, do those later!

Hornby Class 67 Transport for Wales Train Pack

As a six vehicle train it is just the right size for my 00 gauge layout and I really do like the livery which is simple but in my view stunning!

Hornby Class 67 Transport for Wales Train Pack
 The DVT looks good too and the train can run in either direction without having to run the loco round the train.

Hornby Class 67 Transport for Wales Train Pack

It looks really great on the track - I like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment