Search this blog

Friday, July 19, 2024

Colour me!

Having almost shouted 'colour me' the 3d printed engine shed has now had its exterior walls base coated in a 'sand' coloured paint from a rattle can that was conveniently lying around the Man Cave! 

3D Printed engine shed,

It looks a bit stark but that will be cured by the next stage of painting which will soon be done - famous last words!.

3D Printed engine shed,

Yesterday was also a day at the Rocks by Rail Museum for me and having sourced a set of keys to ley everyone in as the regular key holder was absent, I installed my patented banner rack! I did need to use a grinder just to reduce the diameter of the threaded rod slightly and whilst not the prettiest thing it works! 

Rocks by Rail Museum

It was a day of grass cutting - when will it slow down growing? - but I took time out to see how the cab of Subdew was going with its repaint - another case of 'colour me' especially as the white is being redone in a soft cream colour. There is some scaffolding in place so hopefully the upper parts should be a lot easier to rub down and paint.

Rocks by Rail Museum

That front part is not going to be easy to get access to but there will be a way!

Rocks by Rail Museum

It is 50 years since Sundew 'walked' to Corby and much of the story is on the Museum's Facebook page available here. Well worth a look and read.


No comments:

Post a Comment