Search this blog

Monday, July 29, 2024

Finished!

Something you don't often find me saying - finished! However, in the case of the 3D printed engine shed that is exactly what has happened and as you can see in the pictures below it fits into Chalkdon, my 009 layout, quite well. As you can also see the doors now have hinges that fit onto the L brackets that I fitted a few days ago so can be opened and closed.

3D Printed engine shed

3D Printed engine shed

It also has a hidden surprise as lifting the roof of reveals all of the interior detail that I fitted. Workbenches, pillar drill and step ladder are 3D prints, the oil drum and crate come from a kit of such things and are probably from the old Knightwing range. The tool box is a piece of balsa with a bent piece of bras wire for a handle, the tins on the workbench are off cuts of plastic tube painted and there is a stray piece of balsa wood in the corner which might come in handy one day for levering something! All of this was given a coat of my dilute black wash and some rust weathering powder to make it looked worked in. Again I think it looks good but I would!
 
3D Printed engine shed

All in all I'm really pleased with this project and that I have something finished! Just don't tell Mrs. Woody or she will want some of her jobs for me finished too!

No comments:

Post a Comment