Search this blog

Monday, May 23, 2022

Central Trains Class 156 - I'm happy with that!

Today has been a continuation of the sorting out and painting of the spare bedroom. Some interesting discoveries tucked away in places but a lot of recycling and charity shop donations has thinned out the collection of junk!

I did have a small break to have a look at my two Hornby Class 156 DMUs in Central Trains livery. I do have a fascination with the Central Trains brand - probably because it was local and the first of the privatised liveries in my part of the Country. It also goes well with my collection of EWS locos as they operated in the same region with Central trains doing passenger work whilst EWS took care of freight. I do have a few Central Trains DMUs but I dug the two Class 156s out with the view of putting DCC chips in them. Here is one of them.

Hornby Class 156 Central Trains

The process to fit the DCC chip is fairly simple as the body literally just unclips from the chassis and the socket for the chip is on top of the Powered bogie. Unplug the blanking plug, insert DCC chip and put body back on before programming the chip. I did actually look at the instructions before starting amazingly for me (instructions are for when you can't figure it out as I tell Mrs. woody!) and you can just see them in the photo below.

Hornby Class 156 Central Trains

Although an old model they are reasonably detailed and the livery is nicely applied.

Hornby Class 156 Central Trains

Hornby Class 156 Central Trains

Coupling the two 2 car units up, which is what they did in real life for busy periods or heavily used lines, it looks an impressive train. I'm happy with that!

Hornby Class 156 Central Trains


No comments:

Post a Comment