Search this blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Ground Hog Day and a white stripe!

Out on an early morning bike ride this morning it was like Ground Hog Day as I came across the pack of dogs that I encountered out on my ride yesterday morning. Either they had been on a very long walk or our paths crossed as they went out on another walk. Either way it was an unusual event and in less than 24 hours - Ground Hog Day!

Hunt dogs

The reason for the early morning bike ride was that it was another day at the Rocks by Rail Museum. In my last post I highlighted that variety was the spice of life and today was no different. My morning job was to paint a white stripe along the edge of the platform to clearly define the edge to passengers. 

Start of the morning.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Mid morning....

Rocks by Rail Museum

End of the morning and looking good!

Rocks by Rail Museum

After lunch a bit of work with others in tyding and sorting the 'bone yard' of parts which revealed some interesting discoveries such as this pile of parts for several sets of points! It may just look like a pile of junk but it all has a use at the Museum just like my pile of junk useful things that Mrs. Woody calls on an almost daily basis junk! Now that is another Ground Hog Day!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum


No comments:

Post a Comment