Search this blog

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Retail therapy???

 In yesterdays post I described the brilliant Market Deeping Model railway Club Exhibition and how I went back in after lunch leaving Mrs. Woody and her book enjoying the sun. I had spotted a few items before lunch and this was the main one.

Hornby EWS Freight Train Pack

I have a weakness for EWS liveried locos and this was something special. A limited edition of 1000, three wagons included all weathered by TMC - The Model Centre - and fitted with a DCC sound decoder. It ticked a lot of boxes for me and so with no Mrs. Woody to act as monetary advisor money exchanged hands and it became mine. I also had an interesting conversation with the traders about all sorts of matters and that is what these shows are about - conversation. 

Getting it home the loco is superb with a really good Loksound DCC decoder and it sounds awesome. I do have some more of the wagons in my collection so hopefully the train will be a bit longer when I find them but in the meantime a few photos of this stunning model.

Hornby EWS Freight Train Pack

Hornby EWS Freight Train Pack

Hornby EWS Freight Train Pack

Hornby EWS Freight Train Pack

Hornby EWS Freight Train Pack


No comments:

Post a Comment