Search this blog

Monday, May 2, 2022

National Bus.

In my characteristic manner of starting new projects before finishing others I have started the Peco National Bus kit. This is for my 009 narrow gauge layout so it is at least connected with my current project. It no doubt is a bit modern for the period I am modelling but it is my layout so Rule One applies - I do what I want! Well only when Mrs. Woody isn't about or can find out about what I have done!

I could have gone on eBay and bought a diecast bus for a song as there appear to be thousands of the things out there looking for homes but I had the kit around in my stock of kits to build and it is much more fun to build a kit them simply plonk a ready made thing on the layout. Well at least that is my philosophy until it all goes wrong at which point I will think it would have been a lot easier to buy a ready made bus and save myself the trouble of building a kit!

The kit is from Peco although produced by another company previously. 

Peco National Bus Kit

Peco National Bus Kit

It is a reasonable kit but has a fair amount of flash on the parts as well as ejector pin marks and some large sink holes especially in the seats. I spent a quiet hour or so removing parts from the sprues, cleaning them up and filling in the various sink holes. Painting is going to be interesting as the interior is very visible through those large windows so I think I will need to put some thought in to just how far I go with this!

especially in the seats.


No comments:

Post a Comment