Search this blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Jobs you would rather leave to others!

Mrs. Woody has a list of jobs that she would rather leave to other people - namely me! Whilst I am happy enough to do these jobs there are some tasks out in the wide World that you would rather other people have. Out on a long bike ride today (now at 1917 miles this year so far) I saw two such tasks. 

First off National Grid are uprating some of the transmission network as part of a project to increase capacity as we become more electrified as a Country. The guys doing the work are in a cradle hanging off the wires attached to the pylon. The whole thing sways as they move about and with a bit of wind it can take on a life of its own. I don't know if any of the wires are still carrying current but regardless I am more than happy that these guys are doing the work and not me!

National Grid

Second job was on the East Coast Main Line where they are working on the overhead wires. Although much closer to ground the electricity will still kill you if it goes wrong.

East Coast Main Line

I know the lines are live as the trains are still running. Again, another job I am glad others are doing! 

I did however end up spending a pleasant 20 minutes train spotting! No idea what these new trains are but they look good!

East Coast Main Line

East Coast Main Line

I think I will stick to the relatively safe pastime of model making and doing Mrs. Woody's rather less challenging jobs!


No comments:

Post a Comment