Search this blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

More mowng!

Rocks by Rail Museum

My weekly trip to Rocks by Rail and my skills (?!?!?!) with the mower appear to have created my present role as Mowing Operative! It is a fact that as with many museums that rely upon volunteers you need to be flexible and turn your hands to whatever needs doing. Grass cutting may not seem glamorous but having a site that looks tidy and cared for is important in giving our guests a good initial impression. Not everyone can be a train driver and driving a mower can be very satisfying when the cut grass just adds that bit more to the overall scene so I did more mowing today.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Meanwhile in the 'junk yard' some of the volunteers are clearing and sorting all those things that have been dumped there over the years just in case they are of use in the future - just like I do! There are a lot of things they are finding all of which will be of use in the future or maybe to some other museum.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

For me tomorrow is back to painting and sorting and I may cut my own grass. Just like being at the museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment