Search this blog

Thursday, May 19, 2022

One thing leads to another!

I recall a colleague at work relating the tale of his bathroom make over. His wife started by buying a new light pull handle as the old one had broken. That showed the cord up as being dirty which was replaced. The actual light switch was then deemed to look grubby and replaced. To cut a long story short by the time they finished the couple had replaced the entire bathroom all around a new light pull handle!

Having done the replacement work on the wardrobe in the spare room at WMD HQ it is obvious that something new in a room where the original paint on the walls was probably done some years ago makes everything else look well worn just like me! Hence, under Mrs. Woody's instruction one thing is leading to another for me and the room is now being painted, by me, which meant the wardrobe had to be emptied and moved to paint behind it. It is strange that the older you get the better you can foresee the finished project and basking in the joy of completing it but the actual work itself becomes more of a trial on an aching and worn body! Never mind it will get done but tomorrows job is a couple of visits to the recycling center to get rid of this lot.

Bedroom rubbish

I did have a few minutes to in my Man Cave to find the brother to my maroon Class 52 Western locomotive which is the blue BR version. Nice to have the pair of them and once I have time and if Mrs. woody doesn't decide to replace the bathroom light pull handle I may get round to adding name plates and head codes. Always nice to have something to look forward to!

Dapol 00 gauge Class 52 Western


No comments:

Post a Comment