Search this blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Building the foundations!

Unfortunately the foundations for the conservatory rebuild have not progressed as the builders have been suffering from pneumonia but hopefully back tomorrow! However I have been building the foundations for the Tamiya Sd Kfz 234.2 Puma and progress has been made. 

Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma

As I hoped, Tamiya have given an uncomplicated kit to build where whilst there are plenty of parts there are to a buildable level. All the lower suspension was completed in about three hours which for many other kits I have built takes double or even three times this due to the number of parts, the complexity of their assembly and the smallness of many components. I do like lots of detail but sometimes assembling 5 parts when 2 would do can be frustrating. Anyway that is my view at the moment! 

The suspension is basically a build of 8 near identical components. Note that phrase 'near identical'! You need your wits about you as there are subtle differences with near identical parts. Get it wrong and it will fit but won't work later in the build! 

Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma

There are a number of steering linkages and similar which also need care in assembly but take your time and all should go well.

Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma

Hopefully I have got over this stage of completing the suspension with only one point where I had to go back and get a part off and relocated. Luckily the glue had not hardened and no visible damage was done.

All I need are the wheels to have the foundations of this vehicle done. I wonder if that will be done before the builders return and finish off the conservatory rebuild foundations?

No comments:

Post a Comment