Search this blog

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Chip day.

Unfortunately not those delicious chips from the local chippy but a DCC chip for the Bachmann Standard Class 5MT which I got at Christmas. It was a previously owned model but came with all the paperwork which interestingly did not actually tell you how to get the body off. In my cavalier way I managed to get the body off but had I taken the trouble to look at the internet and make use of the experiences of others I would not have broken the speedo cable! Oh well, hopefully it will glue!

Bachmann Standard Class 5MT,

The chip is a Gaugemaster Ruby DCC 92. 

Bachmann Standard Class 5MT,

Body off and the circuit board is revealled.

Bachmann Standard Class 5MT,

With the blanking plug off the 8 pin socket is revealed. If I knew what I was doing I would have taken a picture of the chip plugged in but I didn't! Anyway it was plugged in and body refitted and then the loco programmed to run on the layout.

Bachmann Standard Class 5MT,

It runs and runs smoothly. However anything on the controller above half speed results in no increase in speed of the loco. I have let it run for an hour in case it needed running in but that has not improved matters. I may try a different chip just to see if that makes a difference. If not the loco does run at a reasonable speed for freight traffic so it may be confined to that and slow passenger services.

Now is that chippy still open......


No comments:

Post a Comment