Search this blog

Monday, January 30, 2023

Snow blind!

Although it is winter there is no snow but I still feel as though I have gone snow blind. The cause? Well actually painting the inside of the conservatory rebuild with 10lts of bright white paint! And it still needs another coat! The problem with fresh plaster is it drinks paint and despite following recommendations to use an initial water down coat, being white the coverage is not like any other colours where the paint covers better in fewer coats. So tomorrow will be more blindness and aching neck! The ironic thing is that the white is just temporary until Mrs. Woody decides upon another colour and then that will mean even more painting!

That pink plaster was quite a nice colour - in my view!

Conservatory rebuild,

Conservatory rebuild,

Conservatory rebuild,

That ceiling takes some stretching to get to the top even on step ladders.

Conservatory rebuild,

Whilst I was struggling along with this job these two decided a mid morning nap would be a good idea. 

Conservatory rebuild,

I have to admit by that point I was tempted to join them!

However I carried on but did have 45 minutes off (hope Mrs. W isn't reading this) to do a bit on the Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma. Maybe it was the paint fumes but I tried my luck with the etched brass parts which are the straps for the various jerry cans the vehicle carried.

Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma


For anyone who has read my posts about building kits with etched parts, they will know I have a love hate relationship with them - the parts that is not the readers! I hate building them but usually love the results! Anyway I did not get much done - perhaps due to the snw blindness - but at least one of the six is built.

Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma

 The interesting thing in the photo above is you can see the etched parts are made by Italeri presumably supplied to Tamiya by them. Never knew Tamiya used other makers parts.

Now for that rest so I can finish the painting tomorrow. Wonder if I can claim snow blindness prevents me from seeing Mrs. W's list of jobs for me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment