Search this blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Getting bogged down!

Whilst the rebuild of the conservatory is now making progress the bad weather and the scale of the work means that Woody HQ is looking a bit like a recreation of the Somme back in WW1! There is mud everywhere and being in a clay area it clings and gets everywhere so literally I am bogged down as I move around especially getting to my Man Cave. Over the last two days the drainage for the roof of the conservatory has been put in which meant digging a trench down my so called lawn and digging a large soak away. This has added even more to the recreation of the battlefields of WW1!

Conservatory rebuild


Conservatory rebuild

Being so bogged down means model making activities have taken a hit so I was pleased to be able to negotiate the mud and trenches to grab an hour in the Man Cave. This allowed me to give the interior of the Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma got another coat of white as the first coat was a bit patchy and the Italeri SU-100 assault gun got its first coat of Russian Green. 

Italeri SU-100 assault gun.

Trudging back inside I now have the job of cleaning up the mud that I managed to bring into the house or Mrs. Woody will not be pleased! Bogged down in more cleaning - great!

No comments:

Post a Comment