Search this blog

Sunday, January 15, 2023

More of the Tiger.

The Tiger tank got a decent charge to its battery today for a bit more of a play test. Given that it is clean and has not benefitted from the current muddiness of the WMD HQ garden I feel confident and indeed brave enough to test it discreetly inside the HQ. I have however refrained from firing the BB pellets from the main gun and the exhaust smoke is something that will have to await an outside run. As long as Mrs. Woody doesn't start enquiring as to what those strange tank like noises are and why there are track marks across the carpet I think I will get away with it!

Under test it certainly does all the things I remember it doing. It is not the greatest radio controlled tank in the World and has its faults. The engine sounds are a little gimmicky, the overall control of motion, despite it being proportional (i.e. you can control the speed it runs at through the joystick), is a bit jerky and the machine gun and main gun are a bit crude. However for the price, and I believe these now cost about £150, you get a lot of kit for the money and a first step into the RC tank World. After that you can pay £6K and upwards if you want the ultimate in RC tanks! 

For me I just love the play value of the thing! Told you all I was a big kid! Having got it out of hibernation it will see some use and so far all I have invested is in getting it rolling again is £2.49 for the transmitter batteries. Bargain! Although no matter how I would explain it to Mrs. W, she would not see it as a bargain but you can't win every argument.

As today was very much about seeing the tank move and doing its actions, it makes sense to do away with the static pictures and have a short (about 1 minute) video of it performing.





No comments:

Post a Comment