Search this blog

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Winter Blues!

I have to admit having the blues about this Winter. It seems to be dragging on with cold freezing weather and the possibility of more bad weather in February too. I haven't been on my bike in 8 days as the roads around WMD HQ have just been too icy. I don't bounce very well anymore if I come off my bike so I have avoided the risk of unnecessary injury. The man cave is equally cold and although there is a heater in there it takes an hour or so to heat the place up from Artic conditions. By the time this happens I need to pack up and go back in to deal with the conservatory rebuild. 

Never mind and as the song says, always look on the bright side! So in the absence of much model making activity at the moment I have been looking for something that brightened my life when I finished building it and still does. I do however recall there was many a cloudy day as I did build it because it was not the best or easiest kit in the World! 

So here it is - The Revell 1/108 scale tug boat.

Revell Lucky XI tug boat

Revell Lucky XI tug boat

Revell Lucky XI tug boat

I don't build many boats or ships - in fact this is only the second (i don't count the two narrow boats from last year) in my adult life. I won't talk about those that I attempted as a youngster needless to saythey probably form some integral part in a land fill site somewhere! However I really do like this boat and it does give me a smile when I look at it and that is something that a hobby is supposed to do - brighten up your life even when you have the Winter Blues!

No comments:

Post a Comment