Search this blog

Monday, August 14, 2023

Dark like the clouds!

Another fine summer day here in the UK! Waking up to the sound of rain I thought I had woken early as it seemed dark but that was due to the clouds blocking out the sunlight. With no chance of a dry bike ride until later in the day the Dragon Panzer Ferry kit progressed a bit further with details like the marker lights and mirror arms being fitted. The various wheels were also prepared for painting. The running wheels in particular had a prominent mould line around them which needed some careful and delicate sanding to remove.

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry,

With the main parts that I wanted fitted to the hull glued in place and the wheels prepared it was time for some paint. In my usual way the loose parts were mounted on a board using upturned masking tape to hold the parts in place. 

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry,

Then it was time for the undercoat which in my usual way is a dark colour to give shading and darkness in places that top coat does not reach. Vallejo black primer was the colour of choice matching the ever darkening clouds outside!

I did two sessions of priming using the gap between to get a bike ride in whilst the clouds and rain broke a little. I now have a primed hull and various wheels and fittings ready for some top coats.

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry,

One side of the wheels done so all turned over ....

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry,

I also managed time to glue a further section of track on my 00 gauge layout which is making progress!

My Last Great Project

Things are brightening up!


No comments:

Post a Comment