Search this blog

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Mind the gap! Sharing success with a lunar landing!

My Last Great Project,

After nearly a year since I built the baseboards for my 00 gauge Last Great Project Layout I was able to lift out the removable section of baseboard creating that gap which I need to mind - especially with all that junk valuable materials revealed and visible!

The ability to lift the baseboard out came after I had soldered the rails to copper clad sleepers at the other end of the baseboard and cut through them. I must have separated it at about the same time that the Indian moon mission successfully landed on the south pole of the moon. I think that the lunar landing probably was more technically challenging then my baseboard separation but still I was pleased!

My Last Great Project,

With the baseboard separated it was an ideal opportunity to do the wiring - certainly this mass of wires needed sorting so that it actually does the job it is supposed to! Not having to lie under a baseboard and peer up into darkness trying to get wires into small holes in the connector certainly made the job a more relaxing one!

My Last Great Project,

Using a multiwire connector the wiring was connected up to this and just needs two feeds back to the controller. This is probably some of the neatest wiring I have done!

My Last Great Project,

I just need to add some wires to the other end of the board which I have started.

My Last Great Project,

Those wires will be joined to a similar connector as at the other end of the board and yes I will be lifting the board out again to make that job easier! Fitting the point motors which is still to be done will also bea lot easier with the board lifted out. Working smarter not harder as I get older!


No comments:

Post a Comment