Search this blog

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Board?

I did not go to the Rocks by Rail Museum last week so todays visit saw a veritable jungle of overgrown grass encouraged by the warmish wet weather awaiting me to take the mower to it. It did not all get cut so there is still some to do on my next visit! Much as you can become board with grass cutting there has been progress made on a number of projects which includes a board! More of that in a bit

Thomas has nearly finished painting the wooden box van as well as progressing with Ketton No1 which now has its air intake in place so an engine start is not far off.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

John, in his ever skillful way, has taken something that would probably have been thrown out many years ago had it not come to the Museum. 

Rocks by Rail Museum

This board was originally in the restoration shed when it was an operational loco shed fifty or more years ago and the would have been used to chalk messages or notes to loco crews and maintenance staff. John has sympathetically repaired where necessary whilst preserving as much as possible - nice! 

Meanwhile Martyn has undercoated in yellow various parts of Harriot the JCB. At least it is looking more yellow now then in its recent  multi-coloured coat of many paints.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Back at WMD HQ I did last night glue the point complex to the underlay on my 00 gauge Last Great Project layout. I used PVA glue and to ensure all will be flat I used a variety of available things in the Man Cave to weigh the track down.

My Last Great Project

Whether it will work is yet to be discovered but I figured the longer I leave it the better the chance of it having stuck flat! I will find out if ny theory has worked later tonight or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment