Search this blog

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

More glue?

Having left the glue to set as I highlighted in yesterdays post I can confirm, thankfully, that it has set and the track on the track is securely glued to the underlay and appears to be nice and level. I found that out last night so flushed with success I glued the next section of track across the viaduct in place. Much the same process was used with PVA glue spread under the track which was then aligned and secured in place whilst the glue set with some handy heavy items!

My Last Great Project

This morning I checked and it had all dried as it should.

Moving onto the second line of the loop I needed to put some further underlay in place which is the left over laminate floor underlay. Cheap - it would only have ended up being thrown out - and I explained all about it back in December of last year in a post which can be found by clicking here.  As there were curved bits I actually had to engage my brain to think about what I was needed and luckily, although probably only engaging first gear, it worked out.

My Last Great Project

My Last Great Project

With underlay in place I set out the loop track and having one track already secured in place I could use my track gauges to set the second track in place.

My Last Great Project

With the track set into place my handy weighty items were placed on top to secure it whilst the glue dries. There is a lot more glue going to be used to get all the track in place! Maybe WMD Stores needs to get some more in stock - those two bottles weighing the track down may not be enough!

My Last Great Project

I have also been progressing with the panzer ferry. Fitting the hatches to the cabin has been a testing eyesight activity. The piece of plastic between the hatch on the left and the scalpel on the right is one of the 12 hinges that I had to fit. Not easy and two had to be scratch made by me as the originals disappeared off into the depths of the man cave when they pinged off the end of the scalpel!

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry,

Never the less it is progressing. Certainly an unusual vehicle!

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry,

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry,


No comments:

Post a Comment