Search this blog

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Police bike - could it catch me?

Out on my morning bike ride I deviated along a village road I have never been down before and came across this.

Police bike

Obviously an old bike and one even I feel confident of being able to outrun if chased given the flat tyres unless the rider was a Tour de France winner!

Back at WMD HQ there was more head scratching and brain strain today as I cut more holes for wires and point motors on my 00 gauge Last Great Project layout. This time I am working on one of the adjoining baseboards to the removable section. However before getting too far on with that I did remember an important fact. When I cut the rails between the baseboards I will probably do that with a cutting disc or saw so there will be a gap in the rails equivalent to the width of aforementioned disc or saw blade. having thought about this I have opened up the baseboard joint and inserted a piece of cardboard between the two boards.

Cardboard strip ready to be inserted between the baseboards.

My Last Great Project,

Joint created by the cardboard strip.

My Last Great Project,

The theory behind this is once the cuts in the track are made I remove cardboard and close up the baseboard joint which should see a minimal gap between the rails. Cunning or am I just waiting to fail? Have to wait and see!

Holes drilled and some wires soldered on.

My Last Great Project,

My Last Great Project,

.A lot more to do yet but I have time unless that Police bike catches up with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment