Search this blog

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Would it float?

Back on the Dragon Panzer Ferry kit and I glued the deck to the hull which brought about thoughts as to whether this vehicle would actually float? A bit of an internet search revealed that my model is that of a prototype  produced by Magirus in 1942. It consisting of the two tracked vehicles and a pontoon. It was capable of ferrying vehicles up to 20tons. Given the ever increasing weight of German tanks, the load capacity was insufficient to carry Panthers and Tigers and so this particular design never got further than the prototypes. Whether they were actually tested is something which appears to be confirmed by this picture which you can see by clicking here.. It floats but does not look too stable!

Back to the kit and there are a few more small parts to add but I am getting near to the point where I can apply some paint.

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry,

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry,

One thing is for certain I won't be trying my model out in the bath to see if it floats! I can just imagine Mrs. Woody's reaction to that! She would probably get me a rubber duck!


No comments:

Post a Comment