Search this blog

Sunday, August 6, 2023

The monotony of ballasting but photography can help and the Panzer Ferry project gets bigger - with some inquisitive cats!!

It is certainly not the most exciting task in building a model railway but it is necessary and needs to be done neatly. The first viaduct is almost completely finished but as this picture shows there are still a few areas that need a bit more attention like the section of track at the bottom left of the photo. 

My Last Great Project,

Not sure why I failed to put enough ballast in between the sleepers but what the naked eye doesn't notice at the time sticks out like a sore thumb in a picture taken later on. At least this way I can see where I need to go back over.

Although I have not had the chance to progress with the Panzer Ferry kit I did get something in the post the other day.

Dragon  Kit 6625 Panzer Ferry,

When I posted about the original kit I did say that there is a second amphibious vehicle to go with it which I might get at the next Sleaford Model Makers Show. However one came on a certain auction site at a good price so I thought it would be best to get it!

As with anything at WMD HQ, sooner (as in this case) or later a cat or two will take an interest in a new arrival. In this case Peggy and Monty. 18 years separates these two with Peggy being the grand age of 19 which in human age is 92 but she still acts like a teenager!

Dragon  Kit 6625 Panzer Ferry,




 

No comments:

Post a Comment