Search this blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Skeleton staff do a lot of talking!

A day at Rocks By Rail Museum but with just three of us volunteers in today not a lot of physical things got done. We had quite a few visitors all very nice and inquisitive about things so we did a lot of talking! Now for me talking is something I do naturally so give me an audience and I can talk about almost anything that comes to mind so I was in my element! At least no one made excuses to walk away so the chat must have been interesting to all parties involved.

Despite the skeleton staff situation I did get a bit of grass cutting done.


Rocks by Rail Museum

The clam bucket planters have done well in the wet weather and as I said to Mrs. Woody, every garden should have one of these planters in it. I am still awaiting her response!

Rocks by Rail Museum

In the restoration shed work on Ketton No1 has slowed as the small parts are now dealt with - just like model making!

Rocks by Rail Museum

The four gaps on each side of the bonnet have covers like the two in the photo below.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Alex is dismantling the handles for painting which does take time especially when these parts have been in place for nearly 70 years!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Back at WMD HQ I have had a chance to cut through the rails that I soldered yesterday so that is one side of the board separated.

My Last Great Project

Just the other side to do now!

No comments:

Post a Comment