Search this blog

Saturday, June 22, 2024

A different type of controller.

The controller I am talking about is of course for model railways and whilst normally you either have an analogue, or DC controller or a DCC controller, this particular one combines the two functions. That is unusual. It was designed for those users where they perhaps have a mixed fleet of Dc and DCC locos and want one controller only. Whilst you cannot run DC and DCC at the same time you can split your fleet into DC and DCC and operate them separately but only needing the one controller.

LD101 controller

I actually bought this about a year ago but have only just got round to trying it out as I uncovered it during my reorganisation of the Man Cave works recently. I thought that I really ought to give it a go! 

Having used the Bachmann and Gaugemaster controllers previously, this new one is taking a bit of getting used to.as the principals behind the selection of DCC locos, speed and functions is very different. It does run both DC and DCC locos as it claims so that works. As you may tell I am not sure of it yet but I will have a bit more of a play with it and see if it eventually works for me.

There are three main parts - the transformer (not in photo), the power selector box (on the right) and the controller (on the left). They are all small and the controller fits in your hand easily enough and I do actually like the rotary speed controller.

LD101 controller

You have to try different things or you wont know you don't like them as Mrs. Woody always tells me! I am not sure how well my argument that I bought this just to try it will work with her though!

No comments:

Post a Comment