Search this blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

The final piece!

Well the final piece of the Man Cave reorganisation is built! From the pile of wood in yesterdays post this began to emerge.

Man Cave

Built from scrap timber lying about the sides are two floor boards that have been in the garage for about 25 years and the cross pieces are from some timber a neighbour was putting in a skip before I asked if I could have it! It may look a bit  rough but unfortunately my electric sander  decided it had had enough and with a puff of smoke it ceased to function! I will be sanding it down and like the other two tables/trolleys built over the last few days it will be painted grey. I just needed to prove the overall concepts of what I was building before getting the paint out!

So what is this final piece? Well I inherited a number of diecast cars from my Dad. In fact I had bought him many of them. With the chaos of my Man Cave they were mostly hidden away so this, for want of a better description, display rack will at least get them out in the open where I can see them.

Man Cave

I think it works well! Given that all the things I have built over the last few days are from stock with nothing bought it has also been very economical - just in case Mrs. Woody is reading this!

Now it is time to sort out what is left lying about and have a good clean up and then I might actually get back to some model making!



No comments:

Post a Comment