Search this blog

Thursday, June 20, 2024

Tacky Wax - A useful product.

Passing a model shop without stopping and visiting is a crime I informed Mrs. Woody as we pulled up outside such an establishment on an unplanned but coincidental diversion to said shop! I did actually want something - some Tacky Wax. I had bought a tub about 10 years ago but in the last 5 years I have been unable to find it in the chaos of the WMD Stores. Always vowing to buy another I always forget but being in the process of reorgansiing the Man Cave means I had this particular item in my mind again. Luckily the shop had one tub left plus I came away with some Evergreen square strip and some matt varnish. A fairly small haul of goodies but all needed!

Tacky Wax

So what is Tacky Wax? Well it is a wax like substance which enables you to place such things as figures on your layout but because unlike a glue it never sets hard you can move the figure easily and relocate it. My crude experiment shows that the wax does indeed hold. 

Tacky Wax

Tacky Wax

Having bought this tub I can almost be certain that the one I have searched for during the last 5 years will turn up shortly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment