Search this blog

Friday, June 7, 2024

John makes an error but finds a novel way to sharpen his pencil - all at the jungle trail of the Rocks By Rail Museum!

The sound of woodworking greeted me as I passed the restoration shed at the Rocks By Rail Museum. John was repairing an old gate. 

Rocks by Rail Museum

He had cut half joints in the wood frame and was routing out holes for the cross pieces. However and never witnessed by me before, John had made an error! He had routed the holes for the cross pieces on the wrong side! He was also cross with himself!

Rocks by Rail Museum

However John soon showed one of his trade tricks to impress me as he sharpened his pencil to mark out the new holes for the gate in the right place using the grinder! Fantastic!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Meanwhile, Alex was spending yet another day chipping off cement gathered from Ketton No1's previous existence at the Ketton Cement Works. A seemingly endless task but he looks happy!


Rocks by Rail Museum,

For me another day of battling undergrowth! This time on the Nature Trail where I have not been for a long time and I renamed it the Jungle Trail given that I had to beat a path through it! Certainly nature had taken over. A few before and after shots of what I was dealing with.

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Rocks by Rail Museum,

At least you can walk the trail now!

Having had enough of grass cutting I had some banners to put up on the way home for the next events at the Museum. Not to strenuous except I had to use my hedge cutter to cut the grass back which was hiding thr banners! 

Rocks by Rail Museum,


No comments:

Post a Comment