Search this blog

Sunday, June 16, 2024

3D Printed Crane finished!

Sometimes you just have to take a moment and look in wonder! Yesterdays view was stunning, but no finding that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow even though it looked just a few hundred yards from my vantage point!

Rainbow
 

Maybe if I had a crane I could lift myself to the end! And talking of cranes, despite the continued mess in the reorganisation of the Man Cave, I did manage to finish the 3D printed crane! First off was to colour in the bricks of the plinth using my various coloured pencils.

3D printed crane

Then the crane was treated to a wash of Citadel's Nulin oil which I had found during my reorganisation!

3D printed crane

Once that was dry it was time for some rust and dust weathering powders to be applied with a soft brush to both the crane and plinth.

3D printed crane

Once that was done the plinth and crane were treated to a coat of matt varnish. After that I just highlighted some of the edges of the crane with a dry brushing of gunmetal grey which just makes the detail stand out a bit more. I think it looks good!

3D printed crane

3D printed crane


No comments:

Post a Comment