Search this blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Gunning it!

Gunning it usually means putting your foot down on the car accelerator and moving off at a fast speed. In this case, and as is usually in Woody's World, speed is usually slow! However at least there is movement and on the Tiger 1 build there is just one last piece that I need to finish in order to glue the top of the hull onto the lower part and that is the bow gun. Not a big part but it will be seen through the open hatch above it so I managed a few minutes to start getting it ready for painting. A few sprue mountings need sanding and then it is time to get the paint out. Once it is installed then the whole tank can begin the paint process. No doubt that process will probably be as slow a process as the masterpieces produced by the great artists of the World only my end product won't be a masterpiece!

Dragon Tiger tank

And despite trying 'gunning it' on the model build it is the kitchen rebuild that is actually moving on quickly now with Phil the Builder, with my assistance hindrance now having got all the worktops joined and in place complete with the hob plate in position.   

Kitchen rebuild

Kitchen rebuild

The joins between the worktops are all but invisible and to see the way it is done is quite an eyeopener. Definitely something that I could not have achieved if I had done it! However I did have to lend Phil one of my model making needle files to carry out some fine adjustment to the joins so I at least felt as though my assisatnce hinderance had been of some use!


No comments:

Post a Comment