Search this blog

Sunday, September 29, 2024

And the number is 112!

Before I can do any further weathering to the Tiger 1 build I need to add the decals and some other parts. Those 'other parts' can wait until after the decals though! Not many to do but with the Zimmerit coating on the turret and hull with its rough texture any application would need some assistance to get the decals to mould themselves to the contours under them. Enter Micro Sol and Mirco Set - two of the 'must haves' in model making

Dragon Tiger tank,

With these you can soften the decal to conform to the texture under it and it does work as these photos show.

Dragon Tiger tank,

Dragon Tiger tank,

Dragon Tiger tank,

More numbers now - just two though! They are 6 and 20 which are the dates in October that bring this years season at the Rocks By Rail Museum to an end. I put out the banners yesterday evening and it struck me that it does not seem all that long ago I was putting the first out for the this years events.

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Lastly, one of those strange things that I see on my bike rides. This morning, despite all the rain and reports of flooding, this was the scene at the local canal!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

No doubt there are a number of reasons for this but 112 will not be one of them!

4 comments:

  1. Did someone leave the canal lock open?

    Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs B, Surprisingly that whole length of canal was like a stream. No one locally seems to definitively know why but leaking lock gates have been mentioned as a possibility. Over the last year the level of water at this point has been going up and down like a yo-yo so there is some underlying problem. I am presuming that after the last two days of rain it maybe slightly more canal like than stream like but being a weather dependant cyclist these days and looking at the forecast it could well be a few more days before I can determine the validity of my prediction! Woody

      Delete
  2. Guessing if there is a lock gate issue, it might take more than this week’s downpour to cure it. I await you getting back on your bike for a report.

    Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given current climatic conditions it could well be a week before I get back there?

    ReplyDelete