Search this blog

Saturday, September 14, 2024

More of the etched brass to brass me off!

Things are moving on with the Tiger build but there have been some more etched brass parts to fit. One largish piece that has laid in the box for some time mystified me. I had been looking at the plans for some days to find where it went as I did not recognise what it was supposed to represent. I thought it was a grill mesh but I finally found it on the plans and it all clicked! It is designed to replicate the zimmerit coating over the join of the deck to the lower hull. Easy once you know!

Dragon Tiger tank

It was glued down just by melting the plastic surface with some liquid glue and gently pressing the part in. You can also see that I have rammed some tissue paper into the drivers vision block to mask the clear part behind it. One of those things about digital photos is that they pick up things that my aging eyes miss. In this instance I did not realise that the bow gun moulding even has a representation of the barrel being a tube! Must go to Spec Savers - usual disclaimer in that other vision enhancing purveyors are available! 

Dragon Tiger tank

Talking of eyesight, mine was really tested along with my sanity by these padlocks. The main body is plastic and the shackle is a brass etch. You can see the sizes involved by scaling with the scalpel. Doing a few of these can really brass you off!
 
Dragon Tiger tank

After an hour the four etches were glued with super glue to the plastic bodies. Again, digital photography is not forgiving! Whilst this close up may show some crudeness in assembly, at normal viewing distance and with aging eyesight they look fine!

Dragon Tiger tank

I had a few minutes to start priming the main hull in my usual black colour. It needs a few more coats but it does provide a good base for the top coats.

Dragon Tiger tank


No comments:

Post a Comment