Search this blog

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Getting to the point when you can actually see progress!

With the baseboards joined and baseboards screwed down I can start work on getting the track permanently laid. That means more wires and soldering! Never my most liked job but it has to be done so I started simple to get my brain back in the zone as it were. The inner most curve was wired up by taking it to the bench.

My Last Great Project,

With it on the bench soldering is much easier! I did also get the wires round the right way to match what is on the layout already. Colour coding and knowing what those colours mean actually makes wiring a lot easier!

My Last Great Project,

Ready to go back on the layout.

My Last Great Project,

That went fairly well! Hope the rest do! Once the wiring is al done then I can think about ballasting which will move the layout on and actually looks like progress! Its just getting to that point that takes the time!

My Last Great Project,

No comments:

Post a Comment