Search this blog

Sunday, March 24, 2024

It certainly was a bargain - much more than I thought possible!

In yesterdays post I was rather intrigued to find that the 30 year old or so Lima train pack that I bought for what I though was a bargain price of £72 had what appeared to be a Hornby chassis under the loco body with the words 'DCC Fitted' printed on it. Now if it was a DCC fitted loco then the price I paid for it together with the three coaches would indeed be an even better bargain. The only way to tell if it was actually DCC fitted was to take the body off.

Taking the body off gave me quite a shock! I thought that I might be lucky to find a DCC chip fitted but I found this!

Lima Class 47 Rail Express Systems Train Pack,

Yes - that is a fully DCC sound installation! And it works as this video clip shows! 



Lima Class 47 Rail Express Systems Train Pack,

This has to be the best bargain that I have had for a long time and I am really happy for what was an impulse purchase of a 30 year old train pack turning into a modern day sound loco! 

Don't know if Mrs. Woody feels the same way but I can just turn the loco volume up if she complains!

Hope she doesn't read this!



No comments:

Post a Comment