Search this blog

Monday, March 18, 2024

Hush, hush 2!

Life is full of all sorts of non model making matters at the moment, many of them related to items on Mrs. Woody's list of chores for me! That list must be like the universe - ever expanding! Anyway, what time I have I am doing small, accomplishable in an hour or so type jobs. So another loco came out to be DCC fitted. I thought that I had this for about a year but looking back through the blog |I found that Woody's memory was not that good as it was 19th January 2021 that I blogged about getting this! Gosh! Where does time go when you have so many Mrs. W chores to do!

With box out of store it was onto the workbench.

Hornby Class W1 Hush Hush

There is a great deal of packaging but some useful instructions!

Hornby Class W1 Hush Hush

The DCC chip fits in the tender which makes life so simple - just remove the coupling and undo one screw and the tender top is off reveling the DCC socket.

Hornby Class W1 Hush Hush

With the blanking plug removed the LAIS 8 pin chip was fitted and a 9volt battery applied to the wheels just to see that I had it the right way round - amazingly I did!

Hornby Class W1 Hush Hush,

Process reversed and loco ready to be programmed.

Hornby Class W1 Hush Hush

With it on the track and coupled up to some LNER teak coaches it looks wonderful and runs beautifully. In real life it must have been a striking loco to see which makes the fact that none survive all the more sad.

Hornby Class W1 Hush Hush,

Hornby Class W1 Hush Hush,

Hornby Class W1 Hush Hush,


No comments:

Post a Comment