Search this blog

Thursday, March 14, 2024

Life is a drag......line!

Rocks by Rail Museum today where I could hang my doctored event signs up that I made the other day.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Then a few QR codes were distributed about linking to the Rocks website - all very high technology especially given that most volunteers can still remember the days of only having three TV channels!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Then for the fun bit! Rob and me wakened the drag line from its Winter slumber. Batteries reconnected, oil levels checked, greasing points greased and fresh fuel added all took time but all very necessary.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Then it was tine to play test it! There are a lot of controls that I am still trying to get my head round but no major incidents as Rob teaches me to operate this massive machine.


Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Strange how something grows in desolation but this sole daffodil has survived and grown in the mountain of earth that has been moved about - we couldn't dig it up!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Until next time anyway! In the meantime life has indeed been a drag today!



No comments:

Post a Comment