Search this blog

Sunday, March 3, 2024

'I will think about it!'

Sometimes you get to the stage where you think this model is actually fighting me! That is the case with the Heller Scania 141 LB, where, for what ever reasons I really haven't made that much progress with it. It seems like one step forward and several back. Take the recent incident of gluing the front cab panel to the rest of the cab body. I managed to knock off one of the grab handles glued below the windscreen and three of the indicator lenses also came off. All are safely stored awaiting reattachment but that will need to await getting the doors in place. 

Heller Scania 141 LB

Tee model has not been the best and looking back over its build I did highlight the warped nature of some of the cab parts such as this.....

Heller Scania 141 LB

which required some hefty clamping when glued in place to get it to sit something like it should.

Heller Scania 141 LB

I'm sure this has something to do with the ill fitting doors! One side fits reasonably whilst the other refuses to line up with anything or fit the aperture until I started filing bits off! It does eat up time and dampens my model making spirit so I will consider if I now just put it to one side again and do something else to reinvigorate myself before coming back to it or do I just plod on! I will think about it, which is normally what I tell Mrs. Woody when she has presented an idea!

Something which did lift my spirits was whilst out on a bike ride today I came across all these Nissan Figaro's parked up in a village hall car park. Not a soul around but obviously an owners club get together and I have never seen so many of these cars in one group before now.

Nissan Figaro

Nissan Figaro

Nissan Figaro

These cars were never marketed in the UK and what is here is through so called 'grey imports'. They are based on the Nissan Micra and I think they look 'cute' and a lot more interesting then the Micra! If you want to know more about them there is info on the Wiki website located here. Maybe I should get one of these cars - I will think about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment