Search this blog

Friday, March 22, 2024

Oil is well or maybe not!

One of my play on words titles but it refers to a day at the Rocks By Rail Museum where I volunteer. I get involved in anything and everything which is great as you learn so much about things you would never normally come across. Take my latest visit. Rob had decided that the oil store really needed a tidy out and I agreed with him!

Not a pretty sight! Rob had already cast out a load of empty containers before I arrived.

Rocks by Rail Museum

This is what greeted me when I looked in.

Rocks by Rail Museum

After an hour or so looking a bit more organised and at least we know what oil we have. I never knew just how many types of lubricants are produced which was something I learnt! Anyway oil is well!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Whilst that was going on Dan, on light duties as he is recovering from an operation, was washing down the point switch mechanisms which will require lubrication afterwards - now where do we keep the oil?

Rocks by Rail Museum

Meanwhile the ever talented John was demonstrating that you can indeed paint a floor with a sweeping brush!
Rocks by Rail Museum

It works too! Something else I learnt!

Rocks by Rail Museum

So after the oil store what else did I get up to? Well I was giving Rob a hand to do some welding but we had run out of gas! I therefore ended up giving Andy a hand to deal with the mysteries of the septic tank and why it was failing! I won't go into the details but I learnt a lot about the workings of septic tanks, aerators and pumps and unfortunately oil is not well as the pump appears to have failed! That is a job for the septic tank company though - thank goodness!

Rocks by Rail Museum


No comments:

Post a Comment