Search this blog

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Reunited!

I was reminded of that old hit track from 1978 by Peaches and Herbs, Reunited (on YouTube by clicking here ) when I arrived at the Rocks by Rail Museum and I was reunited with the lawn mower!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Nearly six months since I last saw and used it and it has left me shattered and aching! The grass was wet and long and it was raining which made for a battle to get anything cut. I use the work 'cut' loosely as it was more like vegetational butchery - which is something I am quite good at! 

Rocks by Rail Museum,

So why didn't I leave it for a dry, warm and more grass cutting friendly day? Well this Easter weekend the Museum opens its doors to paying visitors and the place needs to at least look as though it is cared for. Despite the weather the quarry area is looking very tidy with a great deal of cutting of hedges and grass which Pam and Pete have been involved in between painting the inside of the Sundew cab. The path leading up to it is still like a stream though! However we can hope for that elusive warm and dry weather!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Even if it rains visitors can at least view the indoor exhibits and the ever resourceful John has been out with the floor paint again making the place look really smart. I just hope that I can remember that just because it is green it doesn't need cutting with the mower!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

No comments:

Post a Comment