Search this blog

Monday, September 19, 2022

A day of sadness, a day to be proud!

I am not going to be the only person making reference to the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II. I was sad, even the odd tear at times as I watched the proceedings on TV but also proud of the way in which it went. Being from a military family I know that the UK military are some of the best in the World. Today they showed that mixture of professionalism and tradition in the proceedings and made me and most of the Country proud of our traditions and history. 

RIP Queen Elizabeth, God Save The King! 

On a more minor note Mrs. Woody and myself are now testing negative for Covid! 

Covid test

Having spent much of the day watching the ceremony I did have a little time this evening to see if I could sort the tracks out on the T34/122 model. Having had both sides come apart yesterday as the fit around the wheels was very tight I tried again having glued them back together last night. The one I tried came apart again so I cut my loses and went straight to Plan B thus avoiding contributions the swear jar! Plan B involved inserting a pair of spare links from the kit into both sides which I did.

Ryefield Models T34 122,

You can see them in the picture above. Once the glue had hardened I painted them to match the rest of the tracks and fitted them with the wheels to the tank. As I outlined yesterday I was fearful that they might look loose with the additional links and yes they do but I am living with that! In the overall composition of things and looking from a distance it looks OK which is all I need. I build these kits for my pleasure not a museum or competition - I leave that to modellers who actually know what they are doing!

So the tank is just about there. I just need to fit the tow cable and spray it with matt varnish and make a base similar to those made for the other T34's I have built. In the mean time here are a few staged photos.

Ryefield Models T34 122,

Ryefield Models T34 122,

Ryefield Models T34 122,

Ryefield Models T34 122,


No comments:

Post a Comment